Many years ago, a friend gave me the unexpected & extravagant gift of a solitary diamond. She explained that the Lord told her to give it to me as a sign that He would always exceed my faith with good gifts I hadn’t even thought of or asked for. I’ve now worn this diamond on my right hand for close to 25 years. Every day it testifies to me of the generosity and faithfulness of God. And, true to His promise, God has and continues to do “above and beyond” what I dare ask and believe for.
I consider myself a “faith girl”. I KNOW I serve a great God, who delights in doing the seemingly impossible in my life. I think my prayers are big, daring, and bold. But lately God has been challenging me to ask bigger; dream bigger; believe for bigger. Every where I turn, in simple, yet profound ways, I feel His nudge to go big!
My wildest dreams
My craziest ideas
My deepest longings
My grand plans
The things I dare not share with anyone else and barely my own soul will imagine. I can’t say it any better than God’s word does…
God can do anything, you know — far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, His Spirit deeply and gently within us. Ephesians 3:20 (Message)
Let me tell you, God is not thinking small. God is not going to give you some mediocre dream. There will be an element of the impossible so you are constantly drawn to Him, and ultimately, give Him all the glory.
Whatever you are asking God for today — dare to ask bigger! Go big! The One who promised that we would do greater works than He (John 14:12-14) is the same One who spoke all things into existence. He has the ability to back up what He is promising.
I’m praying for you, friend, that as you read these words your faith will grow. Dare to believe your great God can and will do above and beyond what you ask or think. GO BIG! Scratch that — GO BIGGER!
Without faith, it’s impossible to please God. Hebrews 11:6
Living by faith is exciting — never a dull moment. Every moment of every day, God calls us to live by faith. Like any good father, He wants us to trust Him above all else. And, as we do, we will experience an abundant life — where signs & wonders follow us wherever we go.
Sounds simple, but, who are we kidding? Faith is not easy. In fact, it’s never ever easy!
- Faith is scary – leading us into the unknown – where answers come 1 step at a time.
- Faith fights my own inner struggle to be in control & to rely on my own cleverness. Faith calls me to surrender the reigns of life over to Jesus.
- Faith has no plan B. (Let that truth sink in.)
- Faith is digging in my heels and standing my ground holding onto God’s hand.
But, without faith, we will never please God. We will never move mountains. We will never reach our full destiny. We will never see miracles. We will never bring God the great glory He deserves.
So, where is faith leading you today? Don’t give up! You can strengthen your faith muscles right now.
- Recall God’s faithfulness — He’ll never let you down.
- Remember God’s promises —- His perspective, His wisdom, His truth are greater than your feelings.
- Lift His name up in praise & worship – His name is greater than your circumstances.
- Pray — lighten your load by casting the weight of your cares on Him. Get others praying with you too.
- Read Bible stories — Peter walking on water; 3 Hebrew men who survived a fiery furnace & lived to tell about it; Lazarus rising from the dead; Sarah giving birth at the ripe ole age of 90…. God is the same today as He was for those saints.
I know I’m not writing about anything new…faith is a topic that affects the life of all Christians every single day BIG TIME! I’ve been walking by faith for over 40 years — and I would never live life any other way. God HAS been faithful! He has done many many miracles. He has taken “impossible” situations and turned them around for my good countless times. But, it has not been the easy road. My heart is tender toward my brothers and sisters who are also fighting the good fight of faith. Don’t grow weary trusting God. Raw faith IS the BEST path for us to take!