Without faith, it’s impossible to please God. Hebrews 11:6
Living by faith is exciting — never a dull moment. Every moment of every day, God calls us to live by faith. Like any good father, He wants us to trust Him above all else. And, as we do, we will experience an abundant life — where signs & wonders follow us wherever we go.
Sounds simple, but, who are we kidding? Faith is not easy. In fact, it’s never ever easy!
- Faith is scary – leading us into the unknown – where answers come 1 step at a time.
- Faith fights my own inner struggle to be in control & to rely on my own cleverness. Faith calls me to surrender the reigns of life over to Jesus.
- Faith has no plan B. (Let that truth sink in.)
- Faith is digging in my heels and standing my ground holding onto God’s hand.
But, without faith, we will never please God. We will never move mountains. We will never reach our full destiny. We will never see miracles. We will never bring God the great glory He deserves.
So, where is faith leading you today? Don’t give up! You can strengthen your faith muscles right now.
- Recall God’s faithfulness — He’ll never let you down.
- Remember God’s promises —- His perspective, His wisdom, His truth are greater than your feelings.
- Lift His name up in praise & worship – His name is greater than your circumstances.
- Pray — lighten your load by casting the weight of your cares on Him. Get others praying with you too.
- Read Bible stories — Peter walking on water; 3 Hebrew men who survived a fiery furnace & lived to tell about it; Lazarus rising from the dead; Sarah giving birth at the ripe ole age of 90…. God is the same today as He was for those saints.
I know I’m not writing about anything new…faith is a topic that affects the life of all Christians every single day BIG TIME! I’ve been walking by faith for over 40 years — and I would never live life any other way. God HAS been faithful! He has done many many miracles. He has taken “impossible” situations and turned them around for my good countless times. But, it has not been the easy road. My heart is tender toward my brothers and sisters who are also fighting the good fight of faith. Don’t grow weary trusting God. Raw faith IS the BEST path for us to take!